Lighting spur
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Mike_N
Labourer
Labourer

Lighting spur

by Mike_N » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:23 pm

Hi guys,

I've added an outside light to my house and was wondering if you guys could offer me a bit of help.

I have wired the light to a fused switch and then I have then ran the cable from the fused switch to a light switch ( which I havnt connected to yet )

When I open the light switch up, I have 2 reds, a back and blue (together) and a yellow wires.

I understand the yellow runs to my second light switch so I can use both switches to turn the lights on and off..

Where I've gone and confused myself is with the new light switch I have...

It has 2 switches and I was hoping to use 1 switch for the existing indoor light and 1 switch for the new outdoor light.

The switch has this on the back: 1 Way, Com and 2 Way and it has this for both switches

Im used to L1 L2 ect but I also thought Com was black?

Can anyone let me know what goes in 1 Way, Com and 2 Way please.

Thanks in advance

Mike

stevenc1603
Ganger
Ganger

by stevenc1603 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:44 pm

COM is not black, its permanent live. The red would go to the COM terminal and the yellow and blue to the one and two way terminals.

If you only have one way switching then you only use the COM for the red and the 1 way for the black (which should have a bit red sleeving or tape on it)

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:52 pm