Lower Kw Higher Shower Pressure - Issues with new 10Kw Shower
Tips, tricks and information on how to spot rogue and cowboy builders and also a platform for you to post and warn others of cowboy builders you may have encountered and help to spread the word of their dodgy dealings

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Luke1996
Labourer
Labourer

Lower Kw Higher Shower Pressure - Issues with new 10Kw Shower

by Luke1996 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:28 am

Hi all,

We had a shower before that was like 7-8Kw and the presure was good and constant and now we have got a 10Kw shower and the presure is low and changes from hot to cold whenever the dishwasher is on or someone turns on the tap. I thought the higher the Kw the better the presure and even it if didn't support out 10Kw shouldn't it be backwards compatible with what we used to have? Thanks

linda0012
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Lower Kw Higher Shower Pressure - Issues with new 10Kw Shower

by linda0012 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:28 am

Yeah i also had the same issue but it was sort out just be replacing the old one with the new one.

handiegirl
Labourer
Labourer

by handiegirl » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:50 pm

your shower is temperature/pressure sensitive - when the pressure goes down - ie when somebody uses water from the cold mains the sensor turns off the heater as the reduced amount of water flowing would be too hot and it might scald you.....it's an anti-scald device

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:37 am

I have a problem with shower head size, my shower 24 kW from gas boiler needs a minimum flow for boiler to run, and due to that I have learnt not all shower heads are the same. If the holes are too big you lose pressure, and too small you lose the volume so shower head needs to match shower.

I looked when doing my shower at the idea of size jets, but my boiler is not big enough need around 35 kW for side jets.

I really hate when on holiday having to use electric showers even the best seems like a dribble compared with one at home.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:26 pm