Makita LF1000 Flip Saw Repair?
Ask questions and find answers on all aspects of tools including hand & power tools.

mickeebee
Labourer
Labourer

Makita LF1000 Flip Saw Repair?

by mickeebee » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:54 pm

Hi,

I bought a saw off of Ebay because i misread the advert and failed to see that it was for spares/parts!

I got it for £90 quid and it retails for about £600 so I can still sink a bit of money into it to get it working.

When I plug it in and press go it does nothing. I checked the switches and power with a tester pen and visually checked the condition of the wiring and it looks sound and can see that power is making it all the way to the motor. I replaced the brushes after noticing one was missing but still nothing.

Once I saw the power was getting to the motor I then exposed the Actuator to check if it was burnt out only to find there isn't one! The field is in place and it looks OK but I lack the experience to confidently assess the condition of the field so I'm going to attach a few pics of it to get your opinion on the field condition and hear whether you think if I buy an actuator for it whether it will work or not, or whatever else it could be.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Micky.
Attachments
20200302_161329.jpg

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am