minor works
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
brace67
Apprentice
Apprentice

minor works

Post by brace67 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:46 pm

hi i am part p level a full scope qualified but need to do a major job to be inspected to be registered with elecsa doing some work for a conservatory company at mo and the other sparks are telling me its only minor works i have to issue customer with a minor works cert and thats it no informing local authority is that right? i am breaking an existing ring main usually upstair main so as not to overload downstairs and bringing off a fused spur to supply lights?

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:59 pm

Hi, make a call to elecsa help line, they will say if minor works cert. is enough for registration inspection. I think it will be as apart from wanting to see all your paper work, regs. book , on-site guide, guidance notes etc.
they will know from your minor works cert plus questions about the rest of the installation if you understand what you are doing!
Don't forget once you do even minor works you must check on existing earthing in the property, main, equipotential & supplementary, also it does not matter if the job they look at is Part P reportable or not, in fact if it were then you could not do it in the first place!
Your method seems OK & it does not need reporting but still requires Minor works cert. issueing to customer, regards
SPARX

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:39 pm