DIY Doctor

minor works

Postby brace67 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:46 pm

hi i am part p level a full scope qualified but need to do a major job to be inspected to be registered with elecsa doing some work for a conservatory company at mo and the other sparks are telling me its only minor works i have to issue customer with a minor works cert and thats it no informing local authority is that right? i am breaking an existing ring main usually upstair main so as not to overload downstairs and bringing off a fused spur to supply lights?
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:14 pm


Simply Build It

Postby sparx » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:59 pm

Hi, make a call to elecsa help line, they will say if minor works cert. is enough for registration inspection. I think it will be as apart from wanting to see all your paper work, regs. book , on-site guide, guidance notes etc.
they will know from your minor works cert plus questions about the rest of the installation if you understand what you are doing!
Don't forget once you do even minor works you must check on existing earthing in the property, main, equipotential & supplementary, also it does not matter if the job they look at is Part P reportable or not, in fact if it were then you could not do it in the first place!
Your method seems OK & it does not need reporting but still requires Minor works cert. issueing to customer, regards
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2166
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:33 pm
Location: The fifth continent.

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics