Misses in new plastered ceiling-desperate for advice
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Masheded
Apprentice
Apprentice

Misses in new plastered ceiling-desperate for advice

by Masheded » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:24 am

Hi,

I have just finished a nightmare ceiling of 13" by 8". This was the first ceiling ive have plastered, but have plastered many walls without problems. After removing the artex from this pre war attic room, and replacing some rotten board, i was ready to go, and employed a labourer for the day. After reaching the half way point with the second coat, large sinks/droops began to appear. I pulled these down (witch were were due to the old hessian scrim tape), which left me with islands of wet plaster divided by clean board. At this stage, all i could do was level it all off, as any hope had vanished of completion as the skim was going off. I couldnt afford another labourer, so i split the ceiling up with stop beads. The problem is, i have misjugded the size of one area, and was not able to to trowel to the standard required. I have knocked off all proud parts with a trowel when dry (and now feels smooth enough), but i am left with over a dozen small "misses", which will show when painted. I am on price work for this job, so it has been a proper nightmare. Whats the process for filling these misses, and how should i go about it? Im afraid im a jack of all and master of none, and am desperate now for some help. Thanks in advance.

Masheded
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Masheded » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:58 pm

Im hoping for KBrownie to help me out here, i thought if i spray the exsisting plaster with water around the misses, i can trowel some plaster into it, and keep it wet then trowel it off? re-skimming is not an option.

Help me kb

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:32 pm