Missing Posts
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ericmark

Missing Posts

by ericmark » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:55 am

Something not right! Taking “spurs and switched sockets” as an example I got email at 12:04 Saturday “This topic has received a reply since your last visit” but 05:36 Sunday last entry is my own. It shows as two replies but only one shown. The “oil store regs” post also shows two replies but only one shows up. And “Help with details of relocation of consumer unit and tails” shows 4 replies on list but only 3 shown and for that one I was emailed on Friday at 8:30pm. The main problem is you get email then you check and then it is forgotten. So a day or so latter when the reply shows you completely miss it. A short delay between email and being displayed is not so bad as one does not check every 5 minuets for emails but with a day between notification and display loads must be missed.
I note lately we get very few acknowledgments of what we say so I suspect our answers are never read by the person asking the question as they are unaware it has been released. Unless this is redressed the forum will fail with users thinking they have received no replies.
Is it so hard to not send email until after the reply is released for viewing?

Eric

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Missing Posts

by BLAKEY1963 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:36 pm

[quote="ericmark"]Something not right! Taking “spurs and switched sockets” as an example I got email at 12:04 Saturday “This topic has received a reply since your last visit” but 05:36 Sunday last entry is my own. It shows as two replies but only one shown. The “oil store regs” post also shows two replies but only one shows up. And “Help with details of relocation of consumer unit and tails” shows 4 replies on list but only 3 shown and for that one I was emailed on Friday at 8:30pm. The main problem is you get email then you check and then it is forgotten. So a day or so latter when the reply shows you completely miss it. A short delay between email and being displayed is not so bad as one does not check every 5 minuets for emails but with a day between notification and display loads must be missed.
I note lately we get very few acknowledgments of what we say so I suspect our answers are never read by the person asking the question as they are unaware it has been released. Unless this is redressed the forum will fail with users thinking they have received no replies.
Is it so hard to not send email until after the reply is released for viewing?

Eric[/quote]

ERIC
BLAKEY 1963 ERE. u have to bear with the site changing servers.
it should sort itslef out eventually.

ericmark

by ericmark » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:40 am

I hope you are right. Going on holiday today so I'll look in on return and see.

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

by BLAKEY1963 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:33 pm

[quote="ericmark"]I hope you are right. Going on holiday today so I'll look in on return and see.[/quote]

ERICMARK
ENJOY your hol mate , I KNOW i have missed u eric
looking at time of your reply.
catch u when u get back .

BLAKEY1963

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:07 am