Mist coat on skimmed walls not working
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

nickthom83
Labourer
Labourer

Mist coat on skimmed walls not working

by nickthom83 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:42 pm

Hi, I am extremely confused and need some advice. Had my living room walls and ceiling reskimmed December 2020. Money ran out so it's been left until 2 weeks ago. I had some Leyland trade emulsion in the shed so used that to do a mist coat, mixed it 6 parts paint to 4 parts water and painted the walls but have come across a lot of issues. Where the wall meets the ceiling the paint wont stick, it's like trying to paint glass. Along the edges where the beading is it's also not sticking and the metal is clearly visible. I left it a full 24hrs to dry and now if I run my hand across the wall my hand is covered in what looks like chalk dust. I was going to sand the skirtings and wiped them down with a damp cloth first but when I did where the cloth touched the wall all the paint just wiped off. I have read so many reviews and I'm even more confused as to what to do now. Do I just do another mist coat/normal top coat, sand it all down and start again with new other paint etc I'm really at a loss. I have attached some pics, hopefully they help.
Attachments
IMG-20210416-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20210416-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20210416-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20210416-WA0005.jpg

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:20 am