MK Grid System
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ldoodle
Apprentice
Apprentice

MK Grid System

by ldoodle » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:10 pm

Hiya,

Looking to use this in the kitchen for all the under worktop appliances, but looking at the installation instructions i'm unsure how it goes in.

I'm thinking it was something along the lines of fused spurs... you have the ring main into and out of the switch, then another t&e cable to an outlet plate.

But things would be very messy at the back of the Grid system if that is how it is into each switch?

Thanks

acsimpson
Foreman
Foreman

by acsimpson » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:28 pm

The most important thing is that you will have to comply with part p, which realistically means getting an electrician in if you are not qualified yourself.

I beleive you have answered your question correctly though. You would have the ring into and a spur out of each switch. installing deep wall boxes will help with cable management. I don't know if you need fuses in your spurs or not if they finish in sockets then I think not as the fuse would be in the plug.

I guess you could put a junction box in and have the switch on a spur although again I don't know if it should be fused.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:08 am

I like to have Swicthed fused spurs in line across the circuit above worktop height, with drops for single sockets to each appliance.
Kitchens come under special location, regarding part p, so this is notifiable work.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:22 pm