Moving Chest Freezer Hinges so that Lid Opens?
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
PoppyO12
Labourer
Labourer

Moving Chest Freezer Hinges so that Lid Opens?

Post by PoppyO12 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 pm

Hello, I have moved my chest freezer from the kitchen to the utility room to make use of space better. The chest freezer fits between the washing machine and a wall which houses the gas meter, with the lid opening against the long side of the freezer and against the gas mains wall. Whilst it fits when closed, the lid doesn't have room to open and is hitting the gas mains pipe. It's frustrating as it is literally 1cm I need!
I wondered is it possible to change the hinges and fit some on the short side of the freezer lid so it opens the other way instead? I have plenty of space at either of the short sides. Otherwise it looks like a new freezer which seems extreme.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Poppy

tileclipproman
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Moving Chest Freezer Hinges so that Lid Opens?

Post by tileclipproman » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:31 pm

You could just take the hinges off and leave it at that.
Most cases it is possible to rehinge ,you need to take off the hinges and see if the top will close from the side if so you may be able to use the same hinges.If you have to buy different hinges make sure that you dont screw through a pipe or cable.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:41 pm