Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Big Dave 73
Labourer
Labourer

Moving Kitchen - Drainage issues as no Drainage Available Under Driveway

Post by Big Dave 73 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:06 pm

Hiya folks,

We're about to have a new kitchen installed in the front room of our property. There's no drain at the front of the house, so I was wondering if (as there's only sink and washing machine waste water) we could have an external waste pipe running down our drive, pinned to the wall, to the drainage at the back. Rather than digging the driveway up to install an underground one.
I don't want to sound cheap, but we're getting quotes of £700 plus to install a drain under the drive. Whilst I don't know if this is the going rate so to speak, if it's perfectly legal and acceptable regulation-wise to have the pipework above ground, i'd rather consider that option. We've had conflicting opinions on this, so hopefully one of you folks will have the know how to help us.

Thanks,

Dave.

Colin Evans
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Moving Kitchen - Drainage issues as no Drainage Available Under Driveway

Post by Colin Evans » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:25 am

Hi Dave
You could run the waste pipe clipped to the wall. Use ABS Solvent Weld Pipe and fittings so that it won't come apart if knocked. Make sure you use anti-syphon traps on the kitchen appliances to prevent the trap seal being drawn out by the long run.
You don't say how far the pipe run is, but assuming it's around 6m that isn't actually a bad price for a more permanent solution.
Regards
Colin Evans
PBSL Group

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:14 pm