My architect is dodging me and refusing to complete work. What are my options?
Information, help and advice on many architecture, self build and design problems and issues

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
manbuild
Labourer
Labourer

My architect is dodging me and refusing to complete work. What are my options?

by manbuild » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:22 pm

I know this is a bit off-topic, but hoping to hear from someone who has had a similar experience and got a resolution.

Long story short (there are a lot of chapters to this tale, but I'll keep it short), I hired an architect to do drawings and handle my planning application in September. It's now March and I'm yet to receive detailed drawings that I can use to get a quote. It's been 7 months and I'm starting to think they'll never come. He does reply to messages saying they're coming, but they never materialise.

Does anyone have a suggestion for the best course of action? Letter from a lawyer? Small claims court? Begging on his doorstep?

I've kept it polite until now, but that tactic has run it's course.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: My architect is dodging me and refusing to complete work. What are my options?

by stoneyboy » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:04 pm

Hi manbuild
Presumably since you are chasing detailed plans for BR’s you already have planning permission. If this is correct your best option is to encourage the architect to complete the plans. A lot will depend on what you have contracted for and whether you have paid.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:50 am