My Front Room has 4 Ceiling Lights, how can I Make Them Look Nice and not Overpowering
Your comments on how to design the perfect home - And help others do it !

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
retroann
Labourer
Labourer

My Front Room has 4 Ceiling Lights, how can I Make Them Look Nice and not Overpowering

by retroann » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:57 am

Hi,
So we've just bought our new house and getting stuck into decorating before we move in. Its a 1950's dormer bungalow with a huge front room (7x3.9m).
However this front room currently has 4 flush mounted ceiling lights. They are basically 1 meter in (length ways of the room) from the 4 corners of the room.
We are decorating the room with a 1950's theme in mind with teal, mustard and greys. But as far as the lights go-how do I make 4 lights look good and not overpowering, there are also 2 wall lights (1 either side of the chimney breast)?
Any ideals?
Thanks

emmablaylockdiy
Labourer
Labourer

Re: My Front Room has 4 Ceiling Lights, how can I Make Them Look Nice and not Overpowering

by emmablaylockdiy » Wed May 09, 2018 10:36 am

I had the same issue with my hall way, it was split into two sections with four ceiling lights that just stood out to me every time I entered the house. I opted for some small yet stylish covers to help detract all of the attention yet still allow the right amount of lighting to filter through. You can find some lovely glass ones that add a decorative touch to your ceiling!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:53 pm