Need to Make Interior of Shed Waterproof for Dog Grooming
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bumblebee91
Labourer
Labourer

Need to Make Interior of Shed Waterproof for Dog Grooming

Post by bumblebee91 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:38 am

I am a complete novice at DIY but think it might be cheaper to do this myself, but I need pointers!

I have a new wooden garden shed that I would like to make as waterproof as possible as I need to use it for dog grooming. Essentially the interior would need to be washed down on a daily basis as hair would get everywhere, as well as a fair bit of water getting splashed about. I just dont want the shed to go mouldy and rot.

How would I do this?

thedoctor

Re: Need to Make Interior of Shed Waterproof for Dog Grooming

Post by thedoctor » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:25 am

Talk to your local plumbers merchants about Tongue and grooved shower panel boards. These could be used on the walls. The floor would then need to be covered and we suggest you use a membrane for this. This link will take you to a bathroom wet room product which would be ideal. You could drill a drain hole in the floor and run a pipe out to collect the dirty water.

There is a red video button next to the product so you can see out to fix this tanking membrane.

https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/DIY-superst ... metre.html

The floor should be done first, with a "turn-up" the walls about 150mm. Then the shower panel walls should be fixed. The joint between floor and walls should be sealed with this.

https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/DIY-superst ... 300ml.html

Any water running down the walls will then land on the waterproof floor. Rubber matting can be laid on the floor to protect the tanking membrane.

I hope this is helpfull and please do let us know how you get on.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:58 am