Neighbours flat roof guttering on wrong side
Information, help and advice on maintaining, installing and repairing a flat roof. Post your questions and view answers here

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
teamentourage
Labourer
Labourer

Neighbours flat roof guttering on wrong side

by teamentourage » Tue May 04, 2021 9:18 pm

Hi,

I would be grateful for someone to give me a bit of advice please.

My neighbour has a garage/unit at the end of their garden. The wall of the garage is our boundary wall in this part of the garden. The problem is their guttering is overhanging our side. We have got planning permission to have an extension which will go about 2/3 way along the garage - and will become a party wall. The problem being we can't actually do this as the gutter is in the way. I don't want to create a legal issue out of this with neighbour. Is this a straight forward issue to rectify? Is there a simple way to reverse any slight slope towards our side across to the other side and then put the gutter on the other side too? Or is it more extensive (and expensive), like removing all the current roof and putting a new roof on with the correct slant?

Thank you

Ps. The garage is about 3.5m width x 8m length

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Neighbours flat roof guttering on wrong side

by stoneyboy » Thu May 06, 2021 10:31 pm

Hi teamentourage
You could ask you neighbour to re-roof their garage to alter the fall and remove the gutter on your land. If you do this and they agree will your extension have a gutter above their land.
You could consider building your extension so it is your side of the neighbours gutter.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:12 am