Never get an Electrician to do a Plumbers Job for Putting in French Drain in Garden
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Simi105
Labourer
Labourer

Never get an Electrician to do a Plumbers Job for Putting in French Drain in Garden

by Simi105 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:13 pm

Hey folks.

As a qualified spark, I really struggle in the plumbing department. It's why you're on more money than us ;)

The drainage in our rear garden is pretty dire. The lawn is regularly saturated in water, so when the weather picks up I'm going to spend a couple of days putting in a french drain or something similar. The problem is, the only viable place to get rid of the excess water is by integrating the new drainage into the soil pipe that runs down the rear wall of the property from the 1st floor bathroom. Not ideal, but practically there is nowhere else to channel the water.

I was thinking of fitting a 110mm boss clamp to "T" off the soil pipe, but I have a size issue. My drainage pipe is going to be either 60, 80 or 100mm wide. Am I right in saying that if I use a boss clamp I'm limited to about 40mm? How would I best overcome the issue of different pipe sizes?

I've looked at various adapters but I cant find any that would be an appropriate size. Help!

Cheers in advance.

lets have a look
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Never get an Electrician to do a Plumbers Job for Putting in French Drain in Garden

by lets have a look » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:04 am

I think 50mm is the biggest boss clamp you can get,you could take it up to 60mm + using one of these https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rubbe ... s65AmxM%3A

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:49 pm