New Window Construction and Damage to Frames - Poor Job?
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Krust11
Labourer
Labourer

New Window Construction and Damage to Frames - Poor Job?

Post by Krust11 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:37 pm

Hi everyone,

My window fitters started today and fitted two windows.

When they left we inspected the windows and are unhappy with several aspects of the frame and installation. There are several scratches and marks on the plastic and we found one of the glass. I'm sure we are not being fussy as theses defects are clear. Pictures attached.

However we have examined the windows closely now and are not sure about the product full stop. It is a linear profile and the joins where the window have been manufactured protrude and are not what I expected. Can anyone advise me on whether this is to be expected or that we are right to query this.

The manager is coming tomorrow and I hope he is going to agree with us as the scratches and chips are clear to see. However I'm not sure I want these windows if the fabricators are putting them together to this standard.

Any advice greatly received.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: New Window Construction and Damage to Frames - Poor Job?

Post by welsh brickie » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:40 pm

it looks like poor manufacturing, the welds should be cleaner, and no chips out of the frame profile.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:32 am