Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bogeyman
Labourer
Labourer

Newbie needs help

by bogeyman » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:49 am

Hi all
I'm new to the forums but i hope i'll be able to help out with some problems in here......but for now i need help with one myself.
I'm getting a foul smell in two en suite bathrooms at one side of my house only.I've got a soakpit that the drains go into but i think the entry point is blocked up with years of gunge and this is stopping the flow back along the storm drains and the shores are stagnating.
I'm pretty sure the smells coming back through the sinks and shower drains. Anyone got any tips on unclogging the soakpit entry point without having to dig it all up?
I cant figure out how and where the pipework goes and works ...all i know is that if i put water into any of them ...they all overflow, also the washing machine or kitchen sink runn off makes them all overflow :cry: :?
Any advice appreciated........Thanks
Bogey

ALDA
Foreman
Foreman

by ALDA » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:44 pm

B,

DO YOU MEAN CESSPIT?

MAYBE THE THE SEWAGE RECEPTICLE NEEDS EMPTYING!!!

ANY MANHOLE/INSPECTION TYPE COVERS YOU COULD LIFT?

ALDA.

bogeyman
Labourer
Labourer

by bogeyman » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:10 pm

No it's a soakpit for the storm drains ..sinks,showers etc.
Anyway after much head scratching and plunging last night , i think i've narrowed it down to the soakpit entrance ...which unfortunately runs for about 60 ft beneath the garden .I think the entrance from the Wavin has got gunged up and blocked after years of food, hair and whatever else. I tried caustic soda but the pipes just too long and i'd need gallons of the stuff.
I'm hoping that if i hire a snake this will clear it.
Bogey

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:31 am