NEWBIE NEEDS HELP WITH ELECTRICAL SYMBOLS ON BUILING PLANS
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
eljay
Labourer
Labourer

NEWBIE NEEDS HELP WITH ELECTRICAL SYMBOLS ON BUILING PLANS

Post by eljay » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:14 pm

Hi,

I have to mark all the positions of switches, sockets, lights etc. on the plans of a house I'm having built.
I just can't seem to find a legend of these symbols and what they mean, on the web, so that I can make it easily readable for the electrician :?

Anybody know where I could find this???

Many Thanks

Eljay

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: NEWBIE NEEDS HELP WITH ELECTRICAL SYMBOLS ON BUILING PLA

Post by BLAKEY1963 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:55 pm

[quote="eljay"]Hi,

I have to mark all the positions of switches, sockets, lights etc. on the plans of a house I'm having built.
I just can't seem to find a legend of these symbols and what they mean, on the web, so that I can make it easily readable for the electrician :?

Anybody know where I could find this???

Many Thanks

Eljay[/quote]

ELJAY
IF YOU ARE HAVING PLANS DONE THEN NORMALY THE ELECTRICAL
DESIGNER WOULD DO THIS IN CONSULTATION WITH U THE CLIENT.
YOUR ELECTRICIAN NEEDS TO INCLUDE CIRCUIT SCHEDULES AND INFO OF INSTALLATION LAYOUT SO YOU COULD CONSULT HIM TO RECORD
POSITIONS OF SWITCHES, SOCKETS ECT. HE WOULD HAVE ACCESS TO
THESE SYMBOLS HIMSLEF ANYWAY.
BLAKEY1963

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:33 pm

Hi.LJ
I had the same problem when lecturing at local tech college, I eventually got BSI symbols from BS 7671 GUIDANCE NOTE 1 'selection & erection' of equipment, ISBN 0-85296-989-9 @ abt £25.00,
However I think if you contact NAPIT, 0870 444 1392 the very helpful people there may be able to help you.
Web sites searches tend to find US symbols but not BSI ones unless you buy drawing package @ Mega ££££, regards SPARX

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:34 pm