No Hot Water From Shower With Pressure Issues
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cerys2005
Labourer
Labourer

No Hot Water From Shower With Pressure Issues

by cerys2005 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:30 pm

I live in a house with three showers, two of which are on the second floor of the house. The hot water tank is also on this floor. One of the showers works fine with good water pressure whereas the other has always had low water pressure. The latter shower recently stopped working - hot water no longer works unless the showerhead is held near the floor whereas cold water comes out normally.

I called a plumber and he said the reason it doesn't work is because the hot water tank is on the same floor and therefore gravity isn't sufficent to get any sort of water pressure. I can understand why this would influence the water pressure but I can't understand if this is the case, then why has it stopped working completely over the past week, whereas the water pressure has been useable for at least a year. He said installing a pump would be the only option to fix it. Do you have any other explanation for why hot water has recently stopped working and whether there is a fix for it without installing a pump? I don't need the water pressure to be amazing, I just need it to be useable, as it has been in the past.

Thanks in advance.

lets have a look
Foreman
Foreman

Re: No Hot Water From Shower With Pressure Issues

by lets have a look » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:13 am

The first thing I do is change the shower head

cerys2005
Labourer
Labourer

Re: No Hot Water From Shower With Pressure Issues

by cerys2005 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:01 pm

Initially I tried this at the start of the tenancy and it improved the water flow, but now it is unusable even with a better shower head.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:58 am