No hot water (pilot doesn't ignite) but CH fine.
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
danduq
Labourer
Labourer

No hot water (pilot doesn't ignite) but CH fine.

by danduq » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:13 pm

Hi,

I turned off the timers for a weekend whilst away, now the hot water is warm but wont get hot, and I think it's only warm because of the CH.

I have a Potterton Netaheat 10-16, and the pilot light doesn't come on when only HW is turned on. The thermostat on the boiler is set to max. The thermostat on HW cylinder is at 65 degrees. The thermostat on the HW cylinder clicks when I turn it up and down, so I think it's working.

I live in a flat, so I think it's an unvented indirect non-gravity fed system.

I have tried setting both valves near the pump to Manual, but the pilot light still fails to ignite. Both levers on the valves moved smoothly with no real effort, and both 'wound' back to the automatic position when not locked into manual.

Does this rule out a faulty valve? What else should I check? I think I'm going to have to get a plumber in, but I want to make sure I've exhausted all avenues and have an idea of the problem (and associated cost!)

Thanks,

Dan

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

by nitro23456 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:00 pm

do you not have an electric immersion for the cylinder that you have forgot to turn back on?

You will still need to have your room thermostat turned up (central heating one) if only hot water selected on the boiler.

danduq
Labourer
Labourer

by danduq » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:35 pm

Immersion heater works fine and room thermostat is turned up enough to allow CH to come on, so HW should come on too.

Thanks.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:10 am