No Hot Water
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mikeymike
Labourer
Labourer

No Hot Water

by mikeymike » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:22 pm

Hi , I've removed 2 radiators for redecorating in the kitchen, 1 of them I've fixed stop ends to the pipes as I won't be replacing it. I've also disconnected the sink and put stop ends on those existing pipe's.

I've reconnected the sink the other end of the kitchen to existing hot and cold water pipes which were the same ones feeding the sink taps in the origional position.

The combi fires up no problem when I turn the hot tap BUT....

I think I've drained the combi boiler as the water flows out of the hot water tap but it isn't hot and the PRESSURE GAUGE is 0.

Am I ment to refill it and how ??

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

by TheDoctor4 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:10 am

Hi Mike

Have you looked at the DIY Projects section: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm There are several projects relating to Central Heating that may be of some use to you.

Regards

mikeymikemike
Labourer
Labourer

NO hot water

by mikeymikemike » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:09 pm

I did the same thing yesterday and I looked through the projects and bled all the radiators but still the same problem. The boiler fires up, the pump seems to be running but gets very hot and just cold water but no hot water comes out from the hot tap, and then boiler cuts out. What pressure should the gauge on the red pressure tank read? Where else might air be trapped? Thanks

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1