Noisy windows
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
melp
Labourer
Labourer

Noisy windows

by melp » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:23 pm

[b]Can anyone help me get a peaceful nights sleep ????[/b] :(
I had some windows fitted by a Fensa registered company around 5 years ago and they were a company who I had no problems with. I had blinds fitted inside the glass and had no end of problems with them but the worse thing is the buzzing sound that comes from them (well 3 of the windows). They've tried re-sealing the outside, tightenening the hinges etc etc. Eventually I'd had enough and told them to take out the blinds, which they did, but got no refund. It's still as bad, I know I still have another 5 years guarantee with them but I'm sick to death of phoning them. Honestly they must have been around 30 or more times. The worst thing is that beacuse they make the frames and get the glass elsewhere, they kept telling us that it was all coming out of their pockets, the supplier wouldn't exchange them and I know our contract is with them not [b]their[/b] supplier. I just don't know what they could try next coz they ran out of ideas, I started to think they didn't believe us. I was even going to get a bank loan to get new windows but everyone keeps telling us to contact them again, I just don't want to nag again. Has anyone else had a similiar problem??? With the buzzing...not the window company :lol: :lol:

1rolan
Labourer
Labourer

noisy windows

by 1rolan » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:12 pm

we had new windows fitted in april, initially there was a small amount of noise - wailing - presumably from the wind, because now we are into autumn the wailing is unbearable, we cannot sleep sometimes it sounds like band practice. am awaiting someone to come from the company, howevever there is a months wait for them to come, as apparantly we are not the first to have this problem said the receptionist at the derby based company.

lariston
Apprentice
Apprentice

by lariston » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:09 pm

Hi New here

I don't know about, buzzing, but wailing on uPVC windows usually means that the water drainage holes on the inside and outside are in line rather than offset, which makes them act as a sort of flute when the wind blows.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:06 pm