Non curing cement screed!
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
allante666
Labourer
Labourer

Non curing cement screed!

by allante666 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:10 am

Hi
I had an approx 40-50mm cement screed laid on my concrete drive to level out a lot of dips and hollows. The guy who did it used a 4:1 mix, pva'd the old surface first, added a waterproofing admix and used soft sand. This was done over two weeks ago now and is still not right. everytime it rains it washes up a whole load of sand and every time its dry the surface justy dusts up. even where it looks perfectly ok you can scuff it with your shoe and take off the surface. It wasnt subject to frost and wasnt laid in hot weather, conditions i would have said were pretty good. Is it too late to do anything? Any ideas? TIA, and hello!

Dan the man
Ganger
Ganger

by Dan the man » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:15 pm

Concrete can take months to dry, he may of scrimped a little on the cement too!

allante666
Labourer
Labourer

by allante666 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:34 pm

I think if theres a lot more rain in the next months there wont be any cement left to dry!
Im pretty sure he didnt scrimp on the cement as I saw how much he brought, the only difference to normal is that he used soft sand and it was a very dark reddish colour but the guy at Jewsons said it was perfectly ok.
Theres no aggregate in this by the way, its just cement.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:19 am