Not Gas Safe
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
buildasmith
Labourer
Labourer

Not Gas Safe

by buildasmith » Thu May 12, 2011 10:46 pm

Is there anybody who can help me put a problem I have into perspective as it is stressing me out .
I am running a building project for a client, and we needed an external gas pipe moving. I employed a person known to me who I believed to be and who led me to believe was registered as gas safe. It has transpired that when he undertook the work for me he was not in fact registered. He thus cannot give my client a certificate for the work done.
I am not sure of the legal position, and what I can do to get a certificate. I imagine that this sort of scenario has happened before, what is the usual outcome?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Fri May 13, 2011 11:16 pm

buildasmith,
For your own protection you must get the work formally approved and certified. If anything goes wrong there will be a bus load of officials after you. See if you can find a gas safe engineer who will certify the installation or may have to get the whole thing replaced by a gas safe engineer.
end

buildasmith
Labourer
Labourer

by buildasmith » Mon May 16, 2011 11:03 pm

Thanks stoneyboy. Wish me luck I am going to try and get my cowboy to stump up for someone to certify his work. Moral of this tale, don't just go on trust, look at their credentials, and no payment until certification.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm