Novice requires assistance
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Dim Bulb
Labourer
Labourer

Novice requires assistance

by Dim Bulb » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:07 pm

Evening. I've spent some time attempting to install a new light fitting with very little success. Having taken the old fitting off I found two seperate cables with various wires taped together. The neutrals from each cable were attched to the old fitting, one with a red sleeve over the black cable. I tried using these on the new fitting but unfortuntely did not see the light. I then attempted a little ill informed investigation and removed the electrical tape from the lives and earths. Both lives had brass connectors on the ends which I removed so I now have two unattached cables and no idea what I need to do to get my light working. If anyone can either tell me where I need to go from here or point me toward a useful website I'd be hugely grateful. The light switch is a dimmer if that has any bearing.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:52 pm

Go to the DIY Projects section on this site and look for the project called replacing a light fitting. The answer is there,

Dim Bulb
Labourer
Labourer

by Dim Bulb » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:15 pm

Thanks

ericmark

by ericmark » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:22 pm

Look at Lighting by joannekym they had same problem

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:30 pm