NSB MCB
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mark prior
Apprentice
Apprentice

NSB MCB

Post by mark prior » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:42 am

hay people i have a qustion for who ever. i had a wylex consumer unit but i about 5 years ago i want to add a nuther circuit. But on the breakers i have with this unit are NSB i need 16A one but all the 16A breakers i am seeing are saying MCB i know the MCB's are the new sort of breakers can i still ues the MCB breakers in this unit. I need anuther circuit for a single double soket?

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:00 pm

NSB is merely Wylex's model type for their B range of MCB's.
You cannot fit any old make of MCB to any board.
Most electrical suppliers will be able to get a WX NSB 16 for you, they are listed in the current QVS catalogue for instance top of page 57.
BUT if your knowledge of such things is so limited should you be touching a consumer unit at all?
Installing a new circuit even only one outlet is reportable to Local Authority Building Control and a fee payable under Part-P of there regs.
You must also provide an Electrical Installation Certificate even for work on your own property.
Get a registered, qualified electrician in, it will be safer & cheaper in the long run.
regards

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:37 am