old council house walls - rendering/painting help
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
knzbn00
Labourer
Labourer

old council house walls - rendering/painting help

by knzbn00 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:56 pm

we are looking to sell our house and since we had our windows put in, around the edges look really shoddy so we need it tidying up. I've had various tradesmen come to give us quotes on rendering/painting/filling in and the advice i've been given has really varied so unsure as to what we need to do.

From what i know, our house is ex council and has poorly constructed walls. One the outside I've been told its an old style of rendering which isn't commonly done anymore and materials are difficult to find (almost apparently a pebble-dash style) but i'm unsure.

We want to sell so we need all of the window edges tidied up, holes filled in and some painting - to give it nice curb appeal. We don't want to spend £1000s since we are moving and are happy to take a bit of a hit on the price if its something that needs to be later done more extensively. What i need to know is what kind of tradesmen we'd need to do this and what type of work you'd think we'd be looking at getting done? I've attached some photos, if someone could give us a hand i'd really appreciate it! thanks!
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 18.54.53.jpg
Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 18.46.49.jpg
Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 18.47.03.jpg

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: old council house walls - rendering/painting help

by stoneyboy » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:32 pm

Hi knzbn00
Any experienced property maintenance contractor should be able to repair these areas to a reasonable standard. It will be obvious that the repairs hbave been done.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:35 am