Old Gas Boiler & Old Separate Gas Water Heater
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

NewHouseOwner
Labourer
Labourer

Old Gas Boiler & Old Separate Gas Water Heater

by NewHouseOwner » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:08 pm

I'm looking into replacing my old gas boiler with a newer one and also the removal of the gas powered water heater, as this is taking up space in the bathroom.

Now when looking at the main three different types central heating system available, done of them really match what I have got, so I am somewhat puzzled in exactly what I need now.

I have got a large three bed end terrace house, with a fairly large loft area, I would love to be able to have a hot shower and run hot or cold taps elsewhere in the house with no drop in pressure and without a drop in the heating system too.

The first qustion I have is what would be the layout of my existing central heating system, as in do I have tanks in the loft or not? (I don't have a a hot water tank)

And the second question would be, what system would I installed now to cope with my demands, also what would be require, as in storage requirements, pumps and valves etc.

Many thanks,

Steve.