Old paint sticking to roller! HELP!!
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
leelee66
Labourer
Labourer

Old paint sticking to roller! HELP!!

by leelee66 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:41 pm

Help needed urgently please!! Thought I would start decorating my new home before the new year. I live in a converted mill and started to emulsion the upstairs bedroom which was a vibrant bright pink - I have now ended up in a right mess - the pink paint is coming off the wall!! One whole wall is a mess and I daren't do the rest.

I'm assuming that the previous owner didn't prime the plaster when the building was converted and, once wet, the pink paint is just lifting off??

Apart from panic - what can I do? Strip all the paint off with a torch? or Prime the pink walls?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:43 pm

leelee66,
Try sticking a piece of sellotape or masking tape on the dry wall, If this pulls off the paint you are going to have to remove the paint (wet and scrape) and start from scratch. If the majority of the paint stays on the wall try using a brush rather than a roller or apply a coat of oil based primer/undercoat paint.
end

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:00 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:10 pm