One radiator!
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sallyh15
Labourer
Labourer

One radiator!

by sallyh15 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:25 am

I have one radiator which is cold. I have tried bleeding the air out, and there wasn't much air in it. However, last night out of desperation I turned the temperature valves off in the rest of the house and took the screw out of the top of the radiator and let the water pour out.

This allowed the radiator to heat up, we then turned the rest of the radiators back to on and carried on bleeding and it stayed hot. The second we put the screws back in ( bleed valve screw thingys) it gets cold again.

Can anyone offer any advice as to what is happening. I am a my wits end with it all.

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

by TheDoctor4 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:23 am

Hi

Have you had a look at the DIY Projects are at all: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm There are several projects related to Central Heating and Central Heating problems that may provide you with the answers you are looking for.

Regards

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:30 pm

"we then turned the rest of the radiators back to on and carried on bleeding and it stayed hot. The second we put the screws back in ( bleed valve screw thingys) it gets cold again. "

If you're bleeding the radiators with the CH turned on - then this will be drawing air into the system. You need to vent the radiators with the CH turned off.

Try balancing the system, turn all radiatior valves off then open 3 or 4 turns (don't fully open) this will provide equal distribution to each radiator.

htg

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1