painting a artex ceiling
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kimberley
Labourer
Labourer

painting a artex ceiling

by kimberley » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:32 pm

Hi
I am an elderly female & inexperienced decorator with restricted movement in my arms. I have started to tidy up my hallway in preparation to put my house on the market. I had NOT intended to attempt to paint the ceiling, but after painting the coving, it now makes the ceiling look more dirty than ever. The ceiling is artexed. Would you please advise me on the easiest way way of painting over this please. Ideally if there was a tin of spray paint or similar, I imagine I could handle this without much problem. If I have to resort to roller painting, would you tell me what type of roller to purchase, as I notice there is a vast selection in the DIY shops. As I shall hopefully not be doing too much decorating in my old age, the less I spend on the ceiling & any tools needed for it, the better.
Thankyou very much in anticipation.
Regards
Kimberley :roll:

DUDE DIY
Ganger
Ganger

by DUDE DIY » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:07 pm

Best advice would be....will this extra bit of decorating really help sell your house or add extra value? Most house buyers wont even notice this and if they do they will no doubt be happy to do the odd bit of decorating themselves. Thinks of all the money time and energy you will save. If you must go ahead and do the work isnt there a kind nieghbour or relative you can rope in?

hope this helps

PS avoid spraying it as you will make matters worst.

pablo2
Tradesman
Tradesman

by pablo2 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:13 pm

Hi there

A long pile roller attached to a broom stick would do they come in differing lenghts but stick with either a 7inch or a 9 inch .

Good luck and becarefull not to over do it .

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:52 am