Painting varnished pine furniture
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
lindavin
Labourer
Labourer

Painting varnished pine furniture

by lindavin » Mon May 21, 2007 4:11 pm

I want to paint a pine unit white with a distressed finish, what type of paint do I use and what is the proceedure please.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Wed May 23, 2007 8:05 am

Don't understand distressed when you are talking paint Linda. The timber itself can be distressed but not the paint. See if you can find the name of the finish you want....To get a really ugly paint finish you can paint it on and play about with a sponge, or ball of newspaper,dabbing and wiping it but all paint finishes are really about experimenting

DavidWed
Labourer
Labourer

Painting Varnished Kitchen Cupboard Doors

by DavidWed » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:30 pm

lindavin - how did you get on?

I have got the option to either live with the doors in the kitchen as they are or paint them with a lighter more comfortable colour.

They are varnished pine, I believe, and they have a orangey kind of colour hint to them. They are in very good order but just a bit old fashioned.

I am aware that there are many types of cupboard paint out there but I am really not sure how good they are. Would it be best to get them sprayed? Is spraying an expensive option?

If painting the doors gives a less than perfect finish then it may be best to live with them as they are.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:54 am