DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Party Wall Act, protecting the gap

Postby Julie.tsui » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:35 am


We have a party wall agreement in place with our neighbours. We are building a wall on our boundary, leaving a gap between our neighbour's wall and our new one. Under the award, we need to protect the gap, our architect has suggested using flashing. In the Party Wall Guidance booklet, paragraph 56 refers to several proprietary products which are available to weather proof the gap without having to cut into or permanently fix to either wall. Is anyone aware of what these products are? I have not been able to find any further information.

Thanks in advance!
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:19 am

Postby welsh brickie » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:06 pm

flashband is one I can think of, its best to paint over it with flexacryl. to give the best results
welsh brickie
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics