Permitted development rights query....
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
strud81
Labourer
Labourer

Permitted development rights query....

by strud81 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi.

I've recently built a new house in place of an demolished prefabricated concrete house. In order to get the size of house I wanted I first applied to extend the existing prefab. Once this was granted I applied to demolish and new build in the footprint of the what had been the existing prefab [i]and[/i] the extension that had been approved. A rather long winded way of going about it but required given the bizarre ways that planning rules work sometimes.

Now I've finished the building and have been living here for a year I'm interested in extending into the loft and maybe pop a conservatory on the back. The house development fell foul of the small dwellings policy in the first instance (5 habitable rooms or less). The rules stated that I couldn't build the new house with more than 5 habitable rooms. We stuck to this with the rebuild but can I now extend into the loft and add the conservatory under my permitted development rights or is that just cheeky? :lol:

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:08 am

strud81,
You have probably had all PD rights withdrawn as part of your PP - have a look at the conditions in your PP.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1