Permitted Planning for 2 Storey Extension and Eaves Over 3 Metres?
Information, help and advice on many architecture, self build and design problems and issues

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jimlad0407
Labourer
Labourer

Permitted Planning for 2 Storey Extension and Eaves Over 3 Metres?

by jimlad0407 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:57 pm

Hi all,

New here, and to anything building related so please be gentle. I have contacted the local planning office and they are unable to answer the question without paying for 'pre planning advice', so hoping someone can try and clarify.
We are looking to build a 2 storey extension to the rear which I believe cant have eaves over 3m if the extension is within 2m of the boundary. Does that mean the eaves on the other end of the extension (roughly 8m in from boundary) would be able to go higher? Also if we went single storey until after the 2m boundary, could we then build higher so that it was outside the 2m boundary rule?
I hope this makes sense, and if anyone could shed any light that would be appreciated.
I have attached a really rough picture (I think) to this post to see if that makes any more sense!
Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Permitted planning???
Permitted planning???

michaelbailey
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Permitted Planning for 2 Storey Extension and Eaves Over 3 Metres?

by michaelbailey » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:47 pm

Submit a drawing forPP your going to have to do it eventually. Then you will know for sure if it gets refused they will have to tell you why. you'r gong to have to pay £172 00 for PP eventually then you will know

Brad121
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Permitted Planning for 2 Storey Extension and Eaves Over 3 Metres?

by Brad121 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:41 am

Single-storey rear extension must not extend beyond the rear wall of the original house* by more than three metres if an attached house or by four metres if a detached house.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:12 pm