DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Planning Permision

Postby ruffeddie » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:31 pm

I hope someone can advise......

I want to put a small single story extension on the front of my house. I live at the end of a road but the extension is just beyond the road. However there is a public foot path which the proposal would extend towards but not meet. Does any one know if I am likely to get permision? Or how close I could go towards the dwarf wall at the boundry?

The materials used would match existing and the total area be around 13sqm.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:24 pm

Postby welsh brickie » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:41 pm

Your extension planning consent depends of a number of factors,If your in a conservation area perhaps or your affecting some neighbours.But your discribtion of the land surrounding your property sounds ok.
The only way of finding out is to submit plans to your local council
welsh brickie
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2612
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Postby andy01 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:57 pm

have a look at the planning portal website, this may come under permitted development.

or book a meeting with the duty officer at your local council and take along photos maps measurements etc and discuss it with them
Rank: Ganger
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:18 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics