plastic strip for MFI wardrobe back panel
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hfe
Labourer
Labourer

plastic strip for MFI wardrobe back panel

Post by hfe » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:51 pm

I am assembling some MFI wardrobes. MFI used to supply the back panel in two separate sheets and also gave you a plastic "H" shape strip to join the two panels together. However, now the back panel comes in one piece and it is folded up. The joint is so thin that I split the panel into two separate halves this evening.

Where can I buy the plastic "H" shape strip for joining (or holding) two roughly 5mm thick panels?

Thanks.

kingh1
Labourer
Labourer

Post by kingh1 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:29 pm

Hi
Just had exactly the same problem this weekend, did you find a stockist or an answer?

Oddbod
Ganger
Ganger

Post by Oddbod » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:22 pm

Hi. Quick fix is a length of duck tape (the heaviest grade you can get) down the back. Won’t last forever, but to be quite honest – given the quality of most flatpack wardrobes – it’ll outlast the rest of it!

kingh1
Labourer
Labourer

Post by kingh1 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:51 am

Thanks. :lol:
I emailed MFI customer services feedback team and they have jsut replied stating they cannot provide the plastic strip but will send me a new packing piece, but need to wait 2/3 weeks for it to be delivered! No guarantee it won't happen again, so the tape seems the best option.

stevie boy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by stevie boy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:02 pm

try your local howdens branch as they are the trade sister to mfi any one can use them and they have lots of mfi bedroom and kitchen parts in stock

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:42 am