Portable Solar Generator Project
Find help, tips and information on renewable energy sources such as solar, wind etc.... and also alternative energy & heating production.

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
teddychu
Labourer
Labourer

Portable Solar Generator Project

by teddychu » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Hey everyone,

I was thinking about trying to build my own portable solar generator.

I understand the benefits of building one, but what kinds of things can I realistically charge? Laptops, televisions, lamps?

Have any of you ever done a DIY solar generator project? Any advice? I'll be using a step-by-step guide that I found, and while it sees legitimate, I'm wondering if there's anything I might be missing.

Thanks!

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Perry525 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:25 pm

There are many portable solar panels, specifically aimed at all manner of projects, from boats and caravans to mobile phones. You can order all the bits you need online, and there are many sites, showing how to........

teddychu
Labourer
Labourer

Thanks for your comment!

by teddychu » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:20 pm

Thanks Perry, I read through the guide and will be starting to build after the first of the year. We'll see how it goes...

BTU1
Labourer
Labourer

Solar PV DIY project - no joke!

by BTU1 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Have you guys seen this:

http://definition.eproduct-review.com/

Was hoping to get this in the Summer and try it out. Wondering if this is what you had found.

BTU1
Labourer
Labourer

Solar project

by BTU1 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:12 pm

Sorry just realised that is the same product - brilliant - have you got it and do you think it's good?

suzyoxiang
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Portable Solar Generator Project

by suzyoxiang » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:29 am

teddychu wrote:Hey everyone,

I was thinking about trying to build my own portable solar generator.

I understand the benefits of building one, but what kinds of things can I realistically charge? Laptops, televisions, lamps?

Have any of you ever done a DIY solar generator project? Any advice? I'll be using a step-by-step guide that I found, and while it sees legitimate, I'm wondering if there's anything I might be missing.

Thanks!

Hello,
We supply multifunctional solar generator,
1. Suitable for all families, when electricity is cut off, the product can make you continue to enjoy comfortable life..
2. When you are in the open air, and your car or boat is no power, you can also use this product to charge them.
Welcome link:
http://www.oxiang.net.cn/english/produc ... areaId=296 , and contact me.

Best regards
suzy (Sales Manager)
Ouxiang International Limited
Email: sales2@oxiang.com.cn
MSN: oxiang2@hotmail.com
Yahoo: oxiang2@yahoo.com
M : +86 15813117369 T : +86 755 27043175

posy2000
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Portable Solar Generator Project

by posy2000 » Fri May 11, 2012 8:54 am

Hello, teddychu,

I should say your plan is very ambition. First, you should find a suitable box for placment the battery, controller, and cables. Second, design the solar system according to your load (AC or DC) and the electricity consumpted per day and how long would you like the load to be working.

Following is the system I designed, hope it helps for you.
www. RaysPowerPro.com

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:51 pm