Potterton EP2002 programmer fault?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
lesdan
Labourer
Labourer

Potterton EP2002 programmer fault?

Post by lesdan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:06 pm

I have a potterton boiler and although a few years old, it works fine. I recently replaced the old Potterton programmer with a new EP2002 as this was stated to be an updated replacement. All wiring is like for like and the new programmer fits the old backplate without the need to rewire. The problem I am having is that after 24/48 hours the programmer resets itself and I have to reset the clock. I replaced this with another unit only to find the same problem. Potterton advised that the units were probably faulty so I purchased another unit from a different retailer. Same problem, the unit still keeps reseting. Potterton say that I should try an EP2003 unit or have an electrician test the wiring. I now do not know what to do. I replaced the room stat at the same time but Potterton say this would not have caused the problem. The wiring must be ok as the old programmer never had this fault. Anyone else had this problem - any solution?

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:43 pm

hi, ensure the programmer is correctly located and tightened on baseplate,
check pin contacts are not bent, I believe they are a split type contact which can become opened up. If so it only needs a momentary break of contact to cause a reset on some programmers.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1