Potterton Performa 24 Losing water pressure
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
AmyB
Labourer
Labourer

Potterton Performa 24 Losing water pressure

Post by AmyB » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:26 am

Morning All, I'm new to this forum so I apologise in advance if I've done anything I shouldn't!

I have a question about our boiler, it's a Potterton Performa 24. In the past we've had to top up the water so the pressure is normal, but recently my husband had sorted the old leak and we've not had to do it for a while.

Me being a bit of a stupid-head checked it the other day and thought it was a little too low, so increased the water via the filling loop. However, unbeknown to me, accidentally turned the valve fully on rather than fully off when I finished. Cue two days of bleeding radiators and panicking about the pressure being around 3.5 bar. My husband works away a lot and I didn't want to worry him, but finally spoke up and sent him a picture, where he easily spotted my mistake. Once the valve was in the right position, the pressure returned to normal quite quickly.

However now, I am finding that I DO need to top up the boiler on a daily basis as it's getting lower, and the bowl we have which used to collect water from the hose is now starting to fill again.The hose is attached to one of the pipes at the bottom of the boiler.

I'm guessing the increase in pressure over the weekend has caused something to fail, maybe a valve or a seal, which is why the water is now coming out again.

My question is what parts do I need to be looking at replacing to fix this? It's an old boiler and it's on its last legs, I realise this was all my fault so I want to try and fix it, but a new boiler is out of the question at the moment, so I'm hoping I can get 'some' parts which will fix the damage I've obviously caused.

Any help or advice is appreciated!

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:22 pm