All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jenks09
Labourer
Labourer

Power shower pressure

by jenks09 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:11 pm

Hi, first post so be gentle :wink:

I am in the process of instally a shower cabinet whixg says it needs 3 BAR to operated correctly. I can see that power shower pumps are available to supply 3 BAR but have 3 questions:

1. The hot & cold water tanks are 20 feet above the hight of the shower head but to get to the shower the pipework will need to drop to ground level (26 feet below tank), travel horizontally 50 feet. Does this need to be in 22mm or could I get away with 15mm?

2. Given the head, what size pump (if any) would I need to supply 3 BARR?

3. The pumps I have looked at (screwfix) all say tank feed only, does this mean that I can't take the cold feed from the mains rather than the cold tank?

Any advice gratefully received.

jenks09
Labourer
Labourer

by jenks09 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Anyone? :wink:

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:15 pm

You cannot supply a shower with mains cold water and tank fed hot water - for safety reasone (ie if cold mains was interrupted, you could be scalded) they both have to be tank fed.

You have to make sure the tanks are cpaable of being pumped, if the cold feed to the tank is poor then they may run dry when the pump is running.

http://www.plumbingpages.com/featurepag ... aPumps.cfm

Take a look at above link it may help you,

htg

jenks09
Labourer
Labourer

by jenks09 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:59 am

Many thanks, guess I'll be running another pipe (22mm).

That link has raised another issue in the siting of the pump. We already have a power shower in an upstairs bathroom and pump is located close to the hot water cylinder. Will I have to uprate this pump so that it can supply both showers or should I install another close to the new shower?

This is getting complicated :?

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:27 pm