Putting a Roof on a Metal Frame Chicken Run
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
hanktree
Labourer
Labourer

Putting a Roof on a Metal Frame Chicken Run

Post by hanktree » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:05 pm

Hi there. I've given this problem so much thought and asked a few people for ideas,can't find anything suitable so thought i would try here.
I bought this metal framed chicken
http://www.hillsofdevon.co.uk/chicken-run.html

It's pretty good and so far has been fox proof. It comes with a tarpaulin. I live on a very windy site so the tarp billows. The billowing stretched the wire so the tarp billows more and so on. The tarp leaks, and is very noisy, it's got to go. Ideally i would like to put a clear twin wall polycarbonate roof on it to keep it dry and heat it up a little in winter. I am open to any suggestion that gets me a proper roof structure on there though. I dont think i can drill through the poles in case they twist with the wind pulling at the roof?I looked at pipe clamps to wrap round the pole and attach wood to but these don't seem sturdy enough either. The length of the roof from apex to eaves is 187 cm and the width is 2 metres. I'm in the west of scotland so it rains and rains and rains all the time. Can anyone suggest a way to get a roof on there? I'm an okay DIYer, tend to work out things for myself or watch youtube videos to see how a thing is done so please bear that in mind! Thanks

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:56 pm