Putting up Plastic Shed Over an old Deck
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

learningtoDIY
Labourer
Labourer

Putting up Plastic Shed Over an old Deck

by learningtoDIY » Thu May 03, 2018 3:17 pm

Hi All
This is my first post, so please excuse if I do anything wrong.

I want to put up a plastic shed on a deck at the far end of my garden (the garden slopes down under the deck). The deck is at the corner of the garden and hence touches the two fences with the neighbours of our next house on one side and the back of the house behind us who are at a much lower level as we are on the side of a hilly area.

The deck itself is about 10ft x 22ish ft and is trapezium shaped as the corner of our garden is shaped that way. It has not been maintained well and there are a few wobbly bits which probably need to be secured down and a protective coat applied. There is no apparent rot anywhere. We don't use the deck at all, so not worried about losing it and we have a large patio.

So my question is - can I put up a plastic shed ( size around 7ft x 12ft) on the deck. The shed will have a floor of it's own. It will be a good one from the likes of Lifetime or Keter and will have it's own floor. Do I have to worry about any kind of moisture or such issues? Is there any issue because of the ridges in the deck planks?

Many thanks in anticipation.

It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:03 pm