PVC Single Ply Synthetic Roofing Covering - Doubts
Information, help and advice on maintaining, installing and repairing a flat roof. Post your questions and view answers here

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
simon_ellis
Labourer
Labourer

PVC Single Ply Synthetic Roofing Covering - Doubts

Post by simon_ellis » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:29 pm

Hi All, I've been looking at a synthetic single ply roofing covering for my new extension's flat roof (approx 69 m2). One roofer was suggesting to fit a single ply PVC roofing system (Danosa Danopol HSF 1.5).

I prefer the look of this over a felt system and the roofer was proposing this would be more suitable than EPDM which was my preferred choice.

I've since spoken to two other roofers who suggest that they are returning to recommend felt-based systems due to ongoing problems with other materials and stated that bubbling and lifting can be a problem from the single ply solutions.

I've now got no idea which way to go! Does anyone have any suggestions or specific experience with Danosa Danopol?

Many thanks in advance, Simon

DaveDee
Labourer
Labourer

Re: PVC Single Ply Synthetic Roofing Covering - Doubts

Post by DaveDee » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:55 am

Hi

I have had the same material used on my roof earlier this year.
It's a big roof to.
Very satisfied and I got a 20 year manufacturers warranty.

One contractor I asked a quote for single ply covering, turned up and stated he only did felt! So he gave me a quote for that, I wasn't impressed. The impression I got is that some felt contractors will just sell what they know and will push in that direction.

The only issue I have is that my contractor left some of the old wood battons used for the old felt roof in place around the edge, although these are obviously covered by the new roof edging and are not structural. Doesn't look so good but apart from that they did a good job.

DaveDee
Labourer
Labourer

Re: PVC Single Ply Synthetic Roofing Covering - Doubts

Post by DaveDee » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:49 am

I meant to say that the work was done last year!
A couple of months.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:03 am