All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
RB101101
Apprentice
Apprentice

Question about boiler servicing and not firing up

by RB101101 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:11 pm

Hello

Some advice please. I've had my boiler serviced before I move into a property. The boiler was fine apparently apart from needing a new temperature dial.

The company have given me a price for the spare part and also a cost for coming back and fitting it. I'll pay them to do that when I move in.

I've gone to the property today and the decorator who has been staying there to work, has said that the shower ran cold and when he looked at the boiler, it had lost pressure and wouldn't fire up.

He showed me a couple of taps under the boiler that I needed to turn to re-pressurise it and there's a red button on the top of the bolder that also needs pressing to get it working. One of the taps is leaking and is wet.

My question is, given that I have just paid for a service, would I expect that this issue would have been picked up during servicing?

Thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Question about boiler servicing and not firing up

by stoneyboy » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:34 pm

Hi rb101101,
It is possible that when the boiler was serviced the pressure was adequate for full checks to be made. By operating the fill valves you may have created the leak yourself. It all depends on what you asked for - a boiler service or a boiler service plus system check.
Regards S

RB101101
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Question about boiler servicing and not firing up

by RB101101 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:22 pm

I asked for a boiler service - I wasn't aware that a systems check would also be required. Looks as if they'll need to come out again then.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:42 am