Question about electric boilers - confused!
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

arctanck
Labourer
Labourer

Question about electric boilers - confused!

by arctanck » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:41 pm

Hi all, I'm planning to change my water heating system. I've done some research on the Internet but am not sure what type of electric boiler I should get. I've no gas in my flat, which is on the basement. I don't need the boiler for central heating. I only need it for a basin, for the kitchen sink, washing machine and most of all shower that I want to give it good flow rate (I'm planning to install shower). My current small water storage heating system is connected directly to the mains. The water pressure from the mains is ok but the hot water pressure from the storage is very low. So at the moment it's not good enough for a mixer shower that I'm planning to install. And I'm told that I won't be able boost the hot water pressure with the current system.

Ok, my question is:
1) What type of electric boiler is needed for my case? I know I should be looking at an unvented boiler. However, it seems that there are also unvented boiler with some water storage, e.g. Heatrae Sadia Multipoint 10 and 15 Litres Heater (link deleted)

. I get the impression that this type of boiler will probably not give me enough pressure for my shower, although it's a unvented one. Initially I set my mind to get a Fusion Boiler (link deleted)

but I'm not sure if I need this type boiler after looking at the technical spec, which indicates that I can also connect to radiators! It seems a bit too much for my need. I'm really confused now. Hope someone in this forum can give me some valuable advices on which type of boiler is best suited for my need.

Thank you in advanced.

Chiang

No external links allowed.

It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:32 am