Quotation for a Refurbishment of a House in Cambridgeshire
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

Silviadedo
Labourer
Labourer

Quotation for a Refurbishment of a House in Cambridgeshire

by Silviadedo » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:15 am

Hello everyone,

I am buying a house in Sawston (Cambridgeshire) and I would like to get a quotation for a renovation/refurbishment. I wrote to some agencies but they tell me I have to own the house before getting a quotation, so I would like to know if you guys can help me to know more or less how much it would cost to do these works. I want to know before I buy it because from this it also depends if I will be able to afford it.

The house has a ground and a first floor and it’s about 75 square meters.

The works we would like to do are:
- Repainting all ceilings and walls
- Removing carpets in the entrance, in the living room, in the corridor and on the stairs (ruffly 24 square meters, stairs excluded) and putting a wooden floor
- Changing carpets in the bedrooms - therefore removing previous one and putting a new one (ruffly 24 square meters)
- Changing all the internal doors and their frames (it will be 6 of them)
- Changing the internal part of the windows (it will be 5 of them) - regarding this I am not sure if it’s possible to change only the internal bit of the windows or if we will need to change them completely, could you explain this please?
- Changing radiators to some new ones (6 in total)
- Refurbishing the bathroom completely (changing floor, removing bath and inserting a shower, installing basin, WC and maybe a bidet, installing a heated towel rack)
- Changing the entrance door
- Changing the patio floor in the garden.

If possible, we would like to know the different prices for each work more or less, as some of them are not to be done right now and we would like to understand if we can afford to do them all together or if it’s better to focus on the most important ones, depending on each price.

Also, we would like to know if according to you guys it’s better to buy on our own the new wooden floor, carpet, tiles and everything else needed or if it’s better/possible to buy it with the agency that will do the refurbishment.

Thank you in advance!
Silvia

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:04 pm