Radial to Ring Main
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
redhatfan
Labourer
Labourer

Radial to Ring Main

by redhatfan » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:21 am

Hi,

I have a radial circuit in an old house that has become extended beyond the point with which I'm comfortable - epscially given that it powers a number of kitchen appliances. Iwould like to return the circuitIs back to the distribution box to make a ring main. My question is, is there a foolproof way of identifying the last socket on the radial circuit as opposed to any spurs?

Rgds

Rob

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Radial to Ring Main

by BLAKEY1963 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:07 pm

[quote="redhatfan"]Hi,

I have a radial circuit in an old house that has become extended beyond the point with which I'm comfortable - epscially given that it powers a number of kitchen appliances. Iwould like to return the circuitIs back to the distribution box to make a ring main. My question is, is there a foolproof way of identifying the last socket on the radial circuit as opposed to any spurs?

Rgds

Rob[/quote]

ROB
I CAN SEE YOUR INTENTIONS, BUT ACTUALLY INSTALLING AS
U INTEND , WOULD INVOLVE AN ALTERATION AND THE CREATION OF A
NEW CIRCUIT ( RADIAL TO A RING ).
THERE ARE METHODS OF TESTING TO IDENTYFY SPURS AND SOCKETS ON A RING MAIN , BUT AS THIS IS NOTIFIABLE WORK U WOULD NEED TO GET SOMEONE IN . I HAVE MY DOUBTS ABOUT THE CONDITION OF
THE WIRING AS U SAY IT IS AN OLD HOUSE, AND U DO NOT DISCLOSE
IF A PERIODIC INSPECTION HAS BEEN DONE. YOUR SPARKY WILLCARRY
OUT THE WORK TO REGS AND ADVISE ON CODITION OF INSTALLATION.

BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:24 am