radiator flush or not
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
granty123uk
Labourer
Labourer

radiator flush or not

Post by granty123uk » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:41 am

Hello peeps i new to this site and think its great was looking at a few posts . my problem is i have a very old oil central heating system . when i run my boiler my rad, are luke warm . my tap water is like steam tho . a plumber looked at it and said that there is crap inside the radators as they were hotter at top than bottom and it would not be worth flushing them . well prob is im bloody freezing in house (have coal fire to ) but i cannot afford new central heating system till later in year . will it be benificial to flush out system . will it help and how much should it cost . any info would be great . sick of wearing woolie hats cooking the dinner lol

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:59 pm

I wouldn't go spending good money trying to cleanse an old system, but if you're able to - I would try removing all radiators, draining the whole system. Flush all radiators out with a hose pipe, refit radiators, refill system.

Then if you wanted you could add a cleanser and run for a few days, then follow steps above again - refill and add inhibitor.

May take a few hours but a pretty simple DIY job.

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1