Radiator positioning
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
SADDLER
Labourer
Labourer

Radiator positioning

Post by SADDLER » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:50 pm

We have just had a replacement system fitted and the engineer has fitted the new radiators right on top of the skirting board upstairs.
When we said we were not happy with the position of them he tried to make out that it was a new regulation that they were to be fitted as low as possible.
Is there any truth in this or is he just giving me rubbish because he does not want to move them??
Last edited by SADDLER on Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdamsHeating
Ganger
Ganger

Post by AdamsHeating » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:40 am

It's up to you where you want them but the guidelines suggest a minimum of 150mm clearance from the floor to aid the convection currents of the air. this distance also allows for the TRV and lockshield and a bit of pipe.

I gusess he's being awkward. As a installer, sometimes when you do a job and the customer isn't happy you do take it personally, but as "the man" says, the customer is always right, and at the end of the day you are paying him to deliver you a service, not the other way around.

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

Post by Steve the gas » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:37 am

Hi Saddler,

Haha no it's not a reg as far as I'm aware, but where do you want them ?

daltonadam2000
Labourer
Labourer

radiator

Post by daltonadam2000 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:59 pm

ther is no regulation on radiator positions but ther it is good pratise to put it above the skirting bords for circulation of heat

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1